Dental implants are traditionally made of titanium, a light, durable biocompatible material. However, an increasing number of health-savvy individuals in the Beverly Hills, CA area are taking advantage of ceramic dental implants. Metal-free implants are available at Dental Health and Wellness Beverly Hills.
Why choose non-metallic implants?
- Biocompatible – Non-metal dental implants are made from zirconia, a strong ceramic fired at extremely high temperatures. A ceramic implant is placed into the jawbone at the site of a missing tooth. Over time, the bone fuses solidly with this bio-friendly material.
- Non-allergic – An allergic reaction to metal alloys in the mouth can occur years after a dental procedure. Resulting inflammation and itchiness can cause bone loss and implant failure. There is no risk of allergy with zirconia.
- Non-corrosive – A chemical reaction from mouth acids can corrode metal dental work. Zirconia is a bioinert material that resists corrosion.
- Does not trigger galvanism – A mixture of metals in the mouth can create an electrical current with saliva acting as the electrolyte. Galvanism is linked to a variety of symptoms ranging from oral discomfort to headaches, vertigo, insomnia, TMJ disorders, and much more. Use of non-metal restorative materials avoids this risk.
- Non-conductive – Electrically-charged dental restorations encourage bacterial growth. Zirconia is non-conductive, creating a healthier oral environment.
- Aesthetic – Titanium implants may leave a gray metal aura at the gum line, as soft tissues recede. Ceramic implants are white. Topped with a beautiful porcelain implant crown, the restoration looks completely natural.
- Holistic – Ceramic implants contribute to overall wellness. They do not impede flow of energy through the body’s meridians.
Placement of a zirconia implant differs from the titanium technique. In inexperienced hands, the cost for implants could be your smile and your health. Partner with an implant dentist experienced in working with ceramic dental implants. Call Dental Health and Wellness Beverly Hills in CA at (310) 692-7855
Latest From Our Blog
Been researching a place to get the Air-Flow teeth cleaning near Beverly Hills and found Beverly Hills Dental Health and Wellness.
This is the very first time i tried the air flow polishing method and found that it is 100% better and faster than traditional polishing.
My teeth felt smoother and appeared whiter. Sandra, my hygienist at the office did a fantastic job. By the way, the dental chair gives you a massage while you are getting your teeth cleaned.
The staff is super friendly. I highly recommend this place!
I don't even know where to begin. This is an exceptional dental office that utilizes methods and equipment in a holistic manner that one can't find anywhere else. From the beginning, Leeshane answered all of my questions and explained the procedure from start to finish. She really eased my fears about everything which pushed me to finally schedule an appointment that I had been putting off. Not only was she professional, but also personable. I felt her positive energy as soon as she answered the phone. It was like I had known her for years! Leeshane really went above and beyond for me. Contact her for any questions or to schedule an appointment. The dentists and staff do an excellent job. I highly recommend!
The office staff is extremely friendly and helpful, Dr. Kanter is very knowledgeable and personable. She did a 3D scan which identified problems areas that are impossible to detect with the standard X-ray. Very happy with my visit and will be returning to the office and following up with a review post-procedure.