Ceramic dental implants: The non-metal option in Beverly Hills, CA
Dental implants are traditionally made of titanium, a light, durable biocompatible material. However, an increasing number of health-savvy individuals in the Beverly Hills, CA area are taking advantage of ceramic dental implants. Metal-free implants are available at Dental Health and Wellness Beverly Hills.
Why choose non-metallic implants?
- Biocompatible – Non-metal dental implants are made from zirconia, a strong ceramic fired at extremely high temperatures. A ceramic implant is placed into the jawbone at the site of a missing tooth. Over time, bone fuses solidly with this bio-friendly material.
- Non-allergic – An allergic reaction to metal alloys in the mouth can occur years after a dental procedure. Resulting inflammation and itchiness can cause bone loss and implant failure. There is no risk of allergy with zirconia.
- Non-corrosive – A chemical reaction from mouth acids can corrode metal dental work. Zirconia is a bioinert material that resists corrosion.
- Does not trigger galvanism – A mixture of metals in the mouth can create an electrical current with saliva acting as the electrolyte. Galvanism is linked to a variety of symptoms ranging from oral discomfort to headaches, vertigo, insomnia, TMJ disorders, and much more. Use of non-metal restorative materials avoids this risk.
- Non-conductive – Electrically-charged dental restorations encourage bacterial growth. Zirconia is non-conductive, creating a healthier oral environment.
- Aesthetic – Titanium implants may leave a gray metal aura at the gum line, as soft tissues recede. Ceramic implants are white. Topped with a beautiful porcelain implant crown, the restoration looks completely natural.
- Holistic – Ceramic implants contribute to overall wellness. They do not impede flow of energy through the body’s meridians.
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessCaroline S. | 5 I had to get crown lengthening surgery. I researched different procedures and didn't like the idea of going under the knife. That is how I found Dr. Moldovan who uses state of the art equipment like the Waterlase. I called her office, asked a bunch of questions, and really like that they were going to use laser instead of a knife and that recovery time was going to be so much less.
I was in and out in under an hour, had no need for pain killers as I had no pain, and was able to get my crown with no trouble. Even my dentist was impressed with the results from the surgery as it made his job that much easier.
This was by far the best experience I could have hoped for. I recommend Dr. Moldovan to anyone looking for a professional who is holistic, who truly cares about her patients, and how is very gentle. Thank you Dr. Moldovan!
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessGreet I. | 5 Doctor Moldovan is one of the best periodontist I have ever encountered.
I'm an entertainment journalist and travel all over the world. Recently I had a dental emergency and went to see Dr Sanda Moldovan. I was truly amazed at her professionalism and meticulous way of working. Not only does she have the best state of the art equipment available to her patients but she is also extremely well crafted and up to date with the latest dental technologies the world has to offer. Upon entering her office, I felt immediately comforted and safe with her. She is a very nurturing, warm dentist who patiently explains each and every procedure with care. She extracted my tooth and was able to immediately put a teeth implant, all this in one procedure. A few hours later, I walked out of her office relieved that my intense toothache was gone. A few days later the tissue around the implant was healed amazingly. If you ever need an excellent professional periodontist who not only knows her craft but also loves her work and patients than go and see Dr. Sanda Moldavan! I promise you, you will not regret it! Thank you Dr. Moldovan, you were a life saver.