You have probably noticed that some smiles look nice, while others positively pop with perfection. The difference is often veneers. The team of professionals at Dental Health and Wellness Beverly Hills in Beverly Hills, CA includes experts in the design and placement of porcelain dental veneers.
Dental porcelain veneers – the basics
A veneer is a thin shell of strong, lustrous porcelain. Compared to the composite material used for fillings, this hard ceramic is better at resisting stains and is more durable. Each veneer is precisely designed to cover the front surface of a “show tooth.” A single tooth may be treated in this manner, or the visible four, six, or eight in an arch.
Veneers are fabricated at a professional dental ceramics laboratory, so the process generally takes just two visits – one for prep, and one for final placement. Teeth can be protected with interim veneers meanwhile, if they are sensitive.
With good home hygiene and regular checkups, veneers provide many years of service.
Porcelain veneers Before and After results of actual patients
By Dr. Anamaria Muresan
Dental porcelain veneers transform a multitude of smile imperfections:
- Enamel quality – Veneers cover natural pits and bumps as well as chips and fractures in enamel.
- Size – Veneers bring beautiful balance to the smile, adjusting the appearance of teeth that look too large or small.
- Shape – A tooth that is oddly shaped or worn down can be improved with a veneer.
- Color – Veneers are an excellent choice to mask discoloration that does not respond to whitening (such as intrinsic stains from medication).
- Alignment – Sometimes referred to as “instant orthodontics,” veneers correct the appearance of minor misalignment, including gaps between teeth.
Porcelain veneers are the secret behind some of the most stunning smiles in Beverly Hills, CA. Schedule a consultation with our prosthodontist to find out if you are a good candidate for this advanced smile makeover method. The number is (310) 692-7855.
Latest From Our Blog
Dr. Sanda Moldovan, Periodontist and Nutritionist
Beverly Hills Dental Health and Wellness
An alumnus from the Ohio State University School of Dentistry and UCLA, Dr. Moldovan
is an extremely skilled and board-certified professional who is internationally recognized as a speaker for her wealth of knowledge, charity work and contribution to society. In addition to being a certified nutritionist, she is also a published author and speaker. She introduced ORASANA®
which is her own range of natural oral healthcare products.
Dr. Moldovan is an advocate of biological dentistry and uses her public recognition to educate people on the link between good oral care and general wellbeing.