Nonsurgical full mouth disinfection available in Beverly Hills, CA
Many people avoid professional care for periodontal disease because they have experienced or heard about painful treatment. Dr. Sanda Moldovan offers a pain-free, nonsurgical alternative. Most dentists do not offer full mouth disinfection, but it is the standard of care for gum disease patients at Dental Health and Wellness Beverly Hills, in Beverly Hills, CA.
Steps to a clean mouth
- Salivary testing – The mouth hosts hundreds of strains of bacteria. A simple, painless DNA test reveals which destructive varieties are present, allowing tailored care.
- Ozone treatment – All mouth surfaces are treated with ozone in a gaseous form or as an ozonated water rinse, destroying harmful pathogens.
- Laser periodontal therapy – Pockets around teeth are sanitized with a dental laser. This detoxifies the pocket, stimulates bone growth, and encourages gingival attachment (the seal of gums to teeth).
- Nutritional support – Antioxidants accelerate healing.
- Chewable probiotics – Setting the stage for healthy biofilm in the mouth.
- Oral irrigator – This is the best way to keep teeth and gums clean at home. Each patient treated with full mouth disinfection goes home with a free oral irrigator.
Why this technique stands apart
- Antibiotics only fight bacterial infection. Ozone and laser disinfection does not discriminate. Treatment attacks oral bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi.
- Scaling and root planing is called deep cleaning because it removes bacterial plaque from root surfaces below the gum line. However, deep cleaning does not remove pathogens from other mouth surfaces – cheeks, tongue, palate, and tonsils. Full mouth disinfection does.
- Flap surgery is painful and requires a lengthy recovery period. In addition, when the dentist cuts into infected tissue, pathogens are released into the blood stream. There is no risk of cross contamination with full mouth disinfection.
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessCaroline S. | 5 I had to get crown lengthening surgery. I researched different procedures and didn't like the idea of going under the knife. That is how I found Dr. Moldovan who uses state of the art equipment like the Waterlase. I called her office, asked a bunch of questions, and really like that they were going to use laser instead of a knife and that recovery time was going to be so much less.
I was in and out in under an hour, had no need for pain killers as I had no pain, and was able to get my crown with no trouble. Even my dentist was impressed with the results from the surgery as it made his job that much easier.
This was by far the best experience I could have hoped for. I recommend Dr. Moldovan to anyone looking for a professional who is holistic, who truly cares about her patients, and how is very gentle. Thank you Dr. Moldovan!
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessGreet I. | 5 Doctor Moldovan is one of the best periodontist I have ever encountered.
I'm an entertainment journalist and travel all over the world. Recently I had a dental emergency and went to see Dr Sanda Moldovan. I was truly amazed at her professionalism and meticulous way of working. Not only does she have the best state of the art equipment available to her patients but she is also extremely well crafted and up to date with the latest dental technologies the world has to offer. Upon entering her office, I felt immediately comforted and safe with her. She is a very nurturing, warm dentist who patiently explains each and every procedure with care. She extracted my tooth and was able to immediately put a teeth implant, all this in one procedure. A few hours later, I walked out of her office relieved that my intense toothache was gone. A few days later the tissue around the implant was healed amazingly. If you ever need an excellent professional periodontist who not only knows her craft but also loves her work and patients than go and see Dr. Sanda Moldavan! I promise you, you will not regret it! Thank you Dr. Moldovan, you were a life saver.