Ozone disinfection improves dental procedures in Beverly Hills, CA
Isn’t it nice to know that a natural, drug-free alternative exists for many dental procedures? The doctors at Dental Health and Wellness Beverly Hills bring the benefits of ozone disinfection to patients at their Beverly Hills, CA practice.
Disinfecting with ozoneOzone is a triatomic oxygen, containing three atoms rather than two (as in air we breathe). Ozone molecules try to kick off the extra atom, resulting in an oxidative burst. Ozone is one of the most powerful oxidants known to man, capable of destroying viruses, bacteria, and fungus. Yet healthy human tissues are not harmed by it.
Here is how it works:
- Bacteria and other pathogens have cell walls that help them maintain shape.
- As ozone contacts the cell wall, the oxidative burst occurs.
- A hole is created, causing the organism to lose shape.
- Thousands of ozone collisions (in the span of seconds) continue to damage bacteria until cells die.
- Because oxidation is a physical process, bacteria cannot build immunity to ozone, as they can to drugs.
Ozone dentistry in our practiceBecause ozone can be infused into water or oil, or administered as a gas, it is extremely versatile. We use ozone therapy in:
- Cavity prevention and treatment – Tooth decay is the result of acidic excretions from oral bacteria that break down tooth structures. Ozone kills bacteria in tiny crevices, and encourages natural enamel remineralization – without drilling or discomfort.
- Root canals – Ozone serves a similar purpose in sterilizing the pulp chamber and canals, reducing the risk of sealing harmful bacteria inside a treated tooth.
- Gum disease – The therapeutic properties of ozone are extremely beneficial in getting periodontal disease under control and managing it effectively. This is the least invasive treatment available.
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessCaroline S. | 5 I had to get crown lengthening surgery. I researched different procedures and didn't like the idea of going under the knife. That is how I found Dr. Moldovan who uses state of the art equipment like the Waterlase. I called her office, asked a bunch of questions, and really like that they were going to use laser instead of a knife and that recovery time was going to be so much less.
I was in and out in under an hour, had no need for pain killers as I had no pain, and was able to get my crown with no trouble. Even my dentist was impressed with the results from the surgery as it made his job that much easier.
This was by far the best experience I could have hoped for. I recommend Dr. Moldovan to anyone looking for a professional who is holistic, who truly cares about her patients, and how is very gentle. Thank you Dr. Moldovan!
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessGreet I. | 5 Doctor Moldovan is one of the best periodontist I have ever encountered.
I'm an entertainment journalist and travel all over the world. Recently I had a dental emergency and went to see Dr Sanda Moldovan. I was truly amazed at her professionalism and meticulous way of working. Not only does she have the best state of the art equipment available to her patients but she is also extremely well crafted and up to date with the latest dental technologies the world has to offer. Upon entering her office, I felt immediately comforted and safe with her. She is a very nurturing, warm dentist who patiently explains each and every procedure with care. She extracted my tooth and was able to immediately put a teeth implant, all this in one procedure. A few hours later, I walked out of her office relieved that my intense toothache was gone. A few days later the tissue around the implant was healed amazingly. If you ever need an excellent professional periodontist who not only knows her craft but also loves her work and patients than go and see Dr. Sanda Moldavan! I promise you, you will not regret it! Thank you Dr. Moldovan, you were a life saver.