Thousands of individuals in the Beverly Hills, CA area have gum recession. With a Board-certified periodontist on staff at Dental Health and Wellness Beverly Hills, they don’t have to go far for gingival augmentation to restore gum health and appearance.
About gum recession
Gum recession occurs when soft tissue around teeth shrinks. That reveals a portion of tooth root not protected by enamel. Gum recession can have serious implications:
- Aesthetics – The expression “long in the tooth” refers to an
elderly person. Gum recession spoils the proportions of the smile and
adds years to your face.
- Sensitivity – Exposed root structure increases reaction to hot and cold foods or beverages. Even cool air can trigger pain.
- Tooth decay – Harmful oral bacteria flourish in the exposed
porous dentin. Without the armor of enamel, this area is more
susceptible to cavities from acids produced by bacteria.
- Periodontal disease – Receding gums contribute to pockets around tooth roots where disease-causing bacteria build up.
- Dental restorations – Healthy gum tissue is essential for the success of dental implants and crowns.
Gingival augmentation restores the band of keratinized tissue
around teeth. Depending on your situation, the doctor may recommend:
- Connective tissue graft – A small flap is cut in the roof of
the mouth to allow removal of some subepithelial (connective) tissue. It
is sutured to gum tissue around the exposed root, and the flap is
stitched back down.
- Free gingival graft – Tissue is removed from the palate without creating a flap, and attached to areas of gingival recession.
- Pedicle graft – Tissue from an adjacent tooth is used to
cover exposed root. Tissue remains attached, but is pulled over or down
and sutured in position.
Our doctors utilize special techniques to minimize trauma, maximize results, and speed healing. To learn more about gum grafting, call (310) 692-7855 for a consultation.
Latest From Our Blog
Been researching a place to get the Air-Flow teeth cleaning near Beverly Hills and found Beverly Hills Dental Health and Wellness.
This is the very first time i tried the air flow polishing method and found that it is 100% better and faster than traditional polishing.
My teeth felt smoother and appeared whiter. Sandra, my hygienist at the office did a fantastic job. By the way, the dental chair gives you a massage while you are getting your teeth cleaned.
The staff is super friendly. I highly recommend this place!
I don't even know where to begin. This is an exceptional dental office that utilizes methods and equipment in a holistic manner that one can't find anywhere else. From the beginning, Leeshane answered all of my questions and explained the procedure from start to finish. She really eased my fears about everything which pushed me to finally schedule an appointment that I had been putting off. Not only was she professional, but also personable. I felt her positive energy as soon as she answered the phone. It was like I had known her for years! Leeshane really went above and beyond for me. Contact her for any questions or to schedule an appointment. The dentists and staff do an excellent job. I highly recommend!
The office staff is extremely friendly and helpful, Dr. Kanter is very knowledgeable and personable. She did a 3D scan which identified problems areas that are impossible to detect with the standard X-ray. Very happy with my visit and will be returning to the office and following up with a review post-procedure.