Patients in Beverly Hills ask, “Why are dental implants becoming so popular?”
For most computer users, the “undo” button is a dear friend. Something important gets deleted, and you can bring it back with a click. If only real life were so simple. Wouldn’t you love to “undo” that knocked out tooth? If so, then you can understand why dental implants are becoming so popular. Beverly Hills Dentist, Dr. Sanda Moldovan, has a reputation for exceptional cosmetic outcomes, with a uniquely health-oriented approach to dentistry. Therefore, many people with missing or badly damaged teeth come to her for smile restoration – and they are not disappointed!
The importance of replacing missing teeth
Some people question the necessity of treatment. Maybe the individual isn’t bothered by the gap, or maybe it isn’t even visible. There are several answers to that question, including:
- A missing tooth can negatively impact your ability to chew food properly.
- Chewing patterns will naturally change in order to avoid the gap. This causes excess wear and tear on other teeth.
- The roots of teeth are integrated with underlying bone. When a tooth root is lacking, then bone tissue in that area begins decreasing.
- Other teeth will gradually shift, due to lack of support. Crooked teeth are not only unattractive, but also difficult to clean, increasing the risk of cavity-causing plaque and tartar buildup.
What about dentures and bridges?
Implants are certainly not the only option for replacing missing teeth. However, they are the only replacement option for tooth roots. To understand the significance of this fact, we need to understand the basic anatomy of a tooth. About half of it resides above the gumline. That part, called the crown, is essential for chewing, speaking, and aesthetics. The hidden portion, the root, is equally important. It is responsible for maintaining bone health, and for stabilizing the tooth.
A denture or bridge won’t stop the bone loss that follows tooth loss. Furthermore, without roots, they need alternate methods of stabilization. In the case of a dental bridge, that is accomplished by attaching it to crowns, which are in turn attached to natural teeth. Of course, that puts a lot of strain on the supporting teeth. It is also challenging to floss around a bridge. A full denture is easier to clean, because it’s removable. However, it can be difficult to eat with, because there is nothing but suction and adhesive to keep it in place.
The benefits of our implant treatment
Why choose implants? Why choose Beverly Hills Dental Health and Wellness?
- A smile that dazzles – Implants, in combination with custom-made porcelain restorations replicate the appearance of natural, healthy teeth. This procedure, coupled with Dr. Moldovan’s well-known cosmetic dentistry skills, results a gorgeous, natural looking smile. No one will ever guess that you have any “false” teeth.
- Healthy bone – Implants recreate the anatomy of a tooth so well that your own body can’t tell the difference. Bone tissue bonds to implants and retains its strength as if the tooth were still there.
- Treatment that fits your busy lifestyle – Sometimes implant treatment takes weeks or months to complete. However, there is a faster way. Dr. Moldovan offers mini implants, which can be placed and restored in just one day. While this technique is not appropriate for every patient, most are good candidates.
- Metal free options – The most common dental implant material is titanium, which is exceptionally strong and generally considered safe. However, a few people are allergic to it. Additionally, many of our patents request metal-free dentistry. Fortunately, zirconia implants rival titanium in strength and longevity of treatment. We offer both options, to effectively meet the varying needs and preferences of our patients.
- Comfort and convenience – Your new teeth will be just as strong and functional as the ones they replaced. You won’t need to change your diet, struggle to chew properly, or worry about embarrassing mishaps. Additionally, implant supported restorations are cleaned by brushing and flossing, just like natural teeth are.
- Long lasting solution – Your new smile is here to stay. In patients with consistently good oral health, implants can easily last for life.
Find out for yourself what has Beverly Hills smiling! Call (310) 692-7855 to arrange a consultation with Dr. Sanda Moldovan and find out if implants are right for you.