Root canal retreatment saves teeth in Beverly Hills, CA
In some cases, a tooth that has had root canal therapy can develop problems months or even years after treatment. Our highly-trained endodontist has retreatment techniques that help to save natural teeth for healthy Beverly Hills, CA smiles.
Why root canals failRoot canal therapy is extremely precise, and best performed by an endodontist. Without experience and the latest diagnostics and treatments, there is a higher risk of complications.
Here are some of the reasons root canals fail:
- Curved or narrow canals undetected or not treated during the first treatment.
- Salivary contamination inside the tooth during the procedure.
- Abscess at the tip of a root not eradicated.
- Delay in placing a crown after endodontic treatment.
- Leakage – If the tooth is not sealed properly or restoration materials break down, bacteria can enter the inner structure of the tooth again.
- New situations – Decay, fracture, or a cracked or broken filling or crown exposes the tooth to infection unrelated to initial treatment.
- Negligent oral hygiene, untreated dental caries, and poorly-managed periodontal disease can also contribute to disease at the root of a treated tooth.
Endodontic retreatment saves teethAfter the doctor examines your mouth, she explains care options. If you choose retreatment, here is what to expect:
- Thorough numbing to ensure your comfort.
- Precise removal of the crown, post, and canal filling material.
- The tooth is examined under illuminated magnification to detect unusual anatomy.
- Canals are cleaned with advanced laser technology.
- Canals are sterilized with ozone.
- The tooth is re-filled, sealed, and protected with a temporary filling (eventually replaced by a crown).
- If the dentist discovers blocked or narrow canals, endodontic surgery may be necessary for access from the tip of the root.
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessCaroline S. | 5 I had to get crown lengthening surgery. I researched different procedures and didn't like the idea of going under the knife. That is how I found Dr. Moldovan who uses state of the art equipment like the Waterlase. I called her office, asked a bunch of questions, and really like that they were going to use laser instead of a knife and that recovery time was going to be so much less.
I was in and out in under an hour, had no need for pain killers as I had no pain, and was able to get my crown with no trouble. Even my dentist was impressed with the results from the surgery as it made his job that much easier.
This was by far the best experience I could have hoped for. I recommend Dr. Moldovan to anyone looking for a professional who is holistic, who truly cares about her patients, and how is very gentle. Thank you Dr. Moldovan!
Beverly Hills Dental Health and WellnessGreet I. | 5 Doctor Moldovan is one of the best periodontist I have ever encountered.
I'm an entertainment journalist and travel all over the world. Recently I had a dental emergency and went to see Dr Sanda Moldovan. I was truly amazed at her professionalism and meticulous way of working. Not only does she have the best state of the art equipment available to her patients but she is also extremely well crafted and up to date with the latest dental technologies the world has to offer. Upon entering her office, I felt immediately comforted and safe with her. She is a very nurturing, warm dentist who patiently explains each and every procedure with care. She extracted my tooth and was able to immediately put a teeth implant, all this in one procedure. A few hours later, I walked out of her office relieved that my intense toothache was gone. A few days later the tissue around the implant was healed amazingly. If you ever need an excellent professional periodontist who not only knows her craft but also loves her work and patients than go and see Dr. Sanda Moldavan! I promise you, you will not regret it! Thank you Dr. Moldovan, you were a life saver.